Thursday, January 7, 2010

Stash Report Week #1

January 1-7, 2010

I've seen this on other blogs and thought it was a great way to keep track of how much fabric goes in and out of your sewing room in a year.  I tried to keep track some last year, but gave up after all the trips I took (think Paducah...)  However, if I manage it week by week, I hope I'll be better about it.

I was lying in bed last night thinking about my fabric purchases for this week and I at first I thought I hadn't made any.  I gave myself a nice little pat on the back.  But on closer examination, I remembered the trip I made to Jo-Anns on Tuesday.  Although I used a gift card, it still counts.



I bought 4 yards of the black scroll to use as the backing for my Crayola Challenge quilt.  (So it should show up in my used total in the next few weeks.)  And I bought 3 yards of the batik on the right because I really liked it, it was on sale and I had a gift card!



Mr. QuiltingBug and I want to make some changes to the curtains in our living room so I also bought 1/2 yard cuts of the above fabrics to see how we liked them.  The top one - the sheer - will become sheers behind our existing curtains.  And I think we've decided on the middle one to use for the curtain addition.  I bought these 3 pieces just as samples, but now that I've got them, what can I do with them?  Any suggestions?

So that brings my total intake to 8.5 yards.

Now for what I've used.  I gave 3 FQs for Bee birthdays, 15 FQs to my mom and used 2 more for the calendar blocks - for a grand total of 5 yards.

So...  for week #1:
            Bought : 8.5 yards
               Used : 5   yards
         Net Total : 3.5 yards

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.