Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Some more projects...

I'm back to share some more projects from the quilting retreat last week.  I'll start with a quilt that I'm making for a friend who's dealing with MS.  I had everything cut out before I left so all I had to do was sew it together.



She likes color so I thought this made a very cheerful quilt to snuggle up in.  The fabric is actually from the Legacy Studio collection at JoAnn Fabrics.  The pattern is also a free one they offer in their project section.  If you'd like a copy, it's called Nestled in the Branches Quilt.  I saw the pattern in one of their catalogs perhaps 6 months ago but only recently found the fabric in the store.

The funny thing is several of the ladies in our quilt bee wanted to make one as well and went down to JoAnn's after our meeting to find the fabric.  Unfortunately there wasn't enough there for everyone, but hopefully they can find more at another store.

So that was one of my finished quilt tops.  And while I was busy piecing tops together the whole week, Jan was busy sewing half-square triangles - hundreds and hundreds of them. 



First she had to mark each pair of squares, then sew a quarter inch seam on each side of the line, then cut them in half, then iron them open, then trim them to 3 1/2", then...  And she had hundreds of quarter square triangles to make as well.  What a time consuming task! 



I don't know that I would have the patience for this quilt, but I will admit, it's going to be gorgeous when she's through.  This is only 9 of the 180 blocks she'll need for the quilt, but it should go a lot faster now that the smaller units are made.



I still have lots more to share, but I'll save it for another time.  Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.