Friday, November 20, 2009

A break...

Rather than continue blogging about my quilt retreat, I thought I would take a break and share some pictures and news about our furball family.

Our vet came out today and weighed both Sam and David.  Sam has now dropped from her max of 16+ lbs to a sleek and trim (ha) 13 lbs.  The weight loss is really helping her arthritis and she can jump a lot easier.  She's developing bags of skin around her elbows and tummy where her skin was stretched out.  It's not a health issue, but it's not very attractive.  Her final weight loss goal is around 10 or 11 pounds.

On the other hand, David is now a sturdy 12 lbs and 4 ozs and hasn't finished growing.  He's almost 7 and 1/2 months old so I'm figuring he'll probably gain another 3 lbs or so.  Hopefully not much more than that!  He's the most laid back cat I've ever met.  He always just seems to go with the flow.



In the last month or so, Sam has started climbing on Mr. QuiltingBug's stomach and going to sleep.  She's always kept herself just to me, so it's out of the norm for her.



It looks like a pretty comfortable place to me.  Unfortunately Gabriel is just a bit jealous at having to share any attention...



Oh, to be so loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.