Monday, December 31, 2012

Gracie's Christmas Gift...

I wanted to be sure to share one last item before this year is over.  This is the quilt my 9-year old niece made for her mother for Christmas.

Gracie's Quilt
She got the quilt kit for her birthday this year and has worked on it with a little help from her Grandma and myself.  However, she did pretty much all of the sewing herself!


When she came to visit several weeks ago, she asked if I would quilt it for her so she could give it to her mom for Christmas.  Her and grandma had picked out a pretty lime green fleece for the backing (her mom's favorite color).  I did a simple large stipple on it and sewed on the binding.

The back of Gracie's Quilt
All of the fabrics on the front are flannels so the quilt is incredibly soft and warm.  It's only 42" x 51", but should be a nice size to cover a lap while watching TV.  My sister was very surprised and pleased when she opened it on Christmas Day.

I took this picture of Jack the other day and I'm amazed at how long her whiskers look.  It's not something I usually notice on her...


However you choose to celebrate tonight, I want to wish you all a Happy New Year!  (I'll be in bed asleep long before the bell tolls...)

1 comment:

  1. SHe did a great job on her first quilt! I am sure it is very warm. Jack does have long whiskers!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.