Sunday, December 2, 2012

Gracie's Quilt...

Several weeks ago, I shared a picture of the quilt my mom made for my nephew (and that I helped quilt.)  This is the slightly smaller purple version she made for my niece.  (I know it looks kind of blue in the picture, but it's ALL purple.)


This one is only about 70" x 87", because she has a smaller bed.  My goal was to have it quilted by Thanksgiving when they came to visit.  Although I'm only now getting around to sharing pictures, I did have it finished in time!


I used a new pantograph on this one.  It was very labor intensive, but I love how it looks on this quilt.  Unfortunately, I don't know the name of it or where I got it from.  (It's been sitting in my drawer for a long time and there's no writing on it so I can't remember the details!)


Once my mom finishes sewing the binding to the back, my niece will have a new quilt for her bed - and in her favorite color!


Moses kept me company while I worked on Gracie's quilt.  (You can see it on the frame in the background.)  She's lying on a stack of quilts still waiting their turn to be quilted.  Every time I'd come down to that end of the quilt, she'd rub up against me, begging to be petted.  It made for some slow going!

Moses - My sewing buddy
Until later...

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as though you were working for the Lord and not for people. 
Colossians 3:23 (TEV)

1 comment:

  1. I love the purple quilt! It is my favorite color. Moses is a good helper!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.