Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Forts...

Note:  I'm still working on quilting the cobblestones, but will share progress pics when I'm done with them.

Did you ever build a fort in your house when you were a child?  Arranging all the available chairs around the room and draping sheets and blankets across them.  I'd crawl under and pretend that it was my very own house and I was in charge.  (I was always a little bit bossy.)

This weekend Mr. Quilting Bug and I went down to Lowe's to buy a new chest freezer.  While we were trying to unpack and set it up, we threw the big box it came in off to the side.  It was only a matter of seconds before the cats laid claim to it.

After seeing how much fun they were having with it, we decided to leave it for them to play with.  Mr. Quilting Bug even cut a hole in the front for the cats to enter.  He had to enlarge it after the first time David went sliding from across the room into it and got stuck in the hole.  (He's such a large boy!)

The cat's new fort
Since then, they've been taking turns hiding in it and attacking passers by.  They've also found it's a great place for a nap, especially when it was placed directly over a heating vent.  And they're having a great time hanging out on top of it...

Jack on the box (pun intended)
I don't think it'll be too long before David falls through it though...

David on the fort
Sam has also found that it makes a great bridge, allowing her to get to the high calorie cat food that has been out of reach.

Sam hanging out on the fort
That brings me to a question.  Why is it that the 3 cats who are not on a diet insist on eating the expensive prescription low calorie food, while the only one it's prescribed for spends all her time trying to get to the fattening stuff?  It's like they're trying to mess with me.

In any case, I think we'll leave the fort up for a few more days.  I'm sure the novelty will wear off quickly enough!  Or David will break it...


No pictures of Moses in or on the fort.  She's a bit too refined for that.

Until later...

If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. 
Ecc. 4:10 (NLT)

2 comments:

  1. BIg boxes were made for forts and cats. We did not have central air when I was a kid so my sister and I used the card table and blankets to make a fort in front of the Water cooler air conditioner ( swamp cooler) We also made forts on the bunk beds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, how funny! I love it when our babies find something we're supposed to throw away to play on! You made me smile while reading your post this morning.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.