Saturday, December 17, 2011

Almost there...

I've been continuing to plug away on my Winter Wonderland blocks and now have several more to share.  The first is a 6" Cut the Corners block.

6" Block D - Cut the Corners
This was also the last block in this combination.  Unfortunately I ran out of the background fabric for it and had to substitute another, but it's really close to the original.  Here are the 5 blocks in this fabric grouping together...

Fabric Group #5
I also made 3 more blocks using the last fabric selection.  There's a 6", 9" and another 9" Cut the Corners blocks.

Cut the Corners Blocks #3, 18 and 23
Here's all 3 of them together...

Winter Wonderland Blocks
I'm hoping to finish the final 4 blocks in the next few days and start putting the top together.  As things look, I may actually have the top done this year!  Yippee!

While I was sewing today, Moses kept me company.  She found a nice cozy spot on top of a quilt and proceeded to give herself a very long and thorough bath...

Moses taking a bath
I know this can be a very busy and stressful time of the year, but I pray that all of you are finding time to rest and relax.  Personally I find myself much more at peace when I stop and think about why I celebrate Christmas.  But if you're struggling for any reason, be it financial, physical or emotional, please know I'd be glad to pray for you.  Just send me an email.

Until later...

Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again - rejoice! 
Philippians 4:4 (NLT)

1 comment:

  1. We celebrated with most of my sisters family today. My kids and I will not all be together this year, thanks to the Army. This time of year can be very depressing to some people. I hope you have a joyous season and a Merry Christmas.

    Good luck on the blocks and top!

    ReplyDelete

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.