Friday, December 3, 2010

Mom's November Package...

or at least part of it.  When she came up for Thanksgiving, I gave her the bulk of her package for the month.  There's still one more item to it, but I haven't finished it yet.  When I finally do, I'll mail it to her.  Hopefully that will be before the end of the month when her next and final package is due!

It's hard to believe that almost a year has passed since I started sending her a monthly quilting package.  My goal was two fold - to show her how much I love and appreciate her and to get her more interested in quilting.  I think I'm batting 2 for 2 right now.  She's really gone to town on learning new techniques in quilting.

A couple of months ago, I started adding the traced blocks for the Winter Wonderland quilt by Crabapple Hill to her packages.  She's completed them so quickly that I sent her 4 more this month.  Her background is a Bone kona cotton and she's embroidering them using a blue perle cotton thread.  She's already finished the first 3.

Four more blocks for Winter Wonderland
This month also saw the last of the Camelot Snowman mini hangings.  I gave her each snowman a month in advance so she would have them on hand when the time came.  This was the snowman for December.  He might just be my favorite of all of them.  (And I really think the color blue is growing on me!)

December Camelot Snowman
I printed out the patterns for these blocks for her because she now wants to make a set for her siblings.  Of course, she has ten brothers and sisters so it might take her a while!  I also bought a cute snowman tin and included sets of buttons that she can use on her versions.  There aren't enough to do them all, but they'll get her started.


As usual, I sent her block #11 of the Imperial Splendor BOM from JoAnn's and another quilting magazine.  And finally, I included a pattern booklet called Calendar Quilts by Kim Schaeffer.  It's a really cute collection of patterns to make themed quilts for each month. And like I mentioned earlier, there's one more item to this package.  I'll share it once I've finished it and given it to her.

Until later...

"Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right spirit within me."
Psalm 51:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.