When the day started, I thought I was ahead of the game because I already had the fabric and lining cut out and I had even surged the edges on the focus fabric. I kind of had to because the stuff was shedding like a banshee. (Ever heard of that expression? I used to have a friend that said it all the time in reference to everything.) In any case, I managed to put together the valance for the toilet room pretty quickly. Until it came time to install the grommets. I picked up several packages of them from JoAnns, but had never personally tried them.
Oh crap! Now what do I do? All the edges were finished, so I had to do some wrangling, cut off one end and create a new side seam. It's not the prettiest job I've ever done, but it's in the back so no one will see that it doesn't exactly match the other side. Then I went to installing the grommets. There are 16 of them on this wider valance. It took me about 30 minutes to install the 8 on the previous valance, so conservatively it should have taken me an hour to complete this one. But for some completely unknown reason, they wouldn't snap in! I spent the better part of 3 hours trying to get these stupid plastic grommets attached to the fabric. And in the end, I super glued the last 2 in place. Yep, I was so extremely disgusted and frustrated with the whole thing that I pulled out the super glue. And it worked. So after hours and hours of work today, I've finally finished these 2 simple valances. Here's the one hanging above the tub.
"If we confess our sins, He's faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong."
1 John 1:9 (NLT)