Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fall is in the air...

And so are a bunch of allergens!  I'm one of the lucky people that don't generally suffer from allergies.  I know several who have them year round - including my mom - and have to take something every day to help them live with them.  I'll take Benadryl for the short term if I get bit by something I'm allergic to but I really prefer not to take it often because of the groggy feeling it leaves me with.  Lately we've been keeping our windows open a great deal, trying to air the house out.  But both Dennis and I are finding ourselves suffering with allergies.  Times like this give me a much greater sympathy for those that fight with them everyday.

I've been taking it a lot easier since I finished my Scraps to Treasures quilt.  I hadn't realized just how much that deadline was worrying me.  I've continued to cut up my scraps into more useable sizes and I've been playing with my quilting frame and machine some.  I keep telling Dennis that 'next month' will be the month I really settle down and practice on it, but that hasn't happened yet.

I also finished appliqueing a block for a friend who lost her mother recently to cancer.  Some wonderful ladies have volunteered to put the blocks into a quilt for her.  The pattern is from McKenna Ryan.  It's supposed to be around 16" x 20" but I shrunk it down to fit in this 8.5" block.  The lady I've made it for just loves pigs.



My quilting bee meets tomorrow and I'm looking forward to seeing what beautiful things everyone has worked on since last week.  I've just started on block 5 of my Baltimore Halloween, but soon need to switch back to the Ladies of the Sea ships.

Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.