Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cats and hats and brooms...

I spent a wonderful morning at quilting today.  I love Wednesday's for just that reason.  Jan, our 'VP of Education', is starting another mystery quilt for us and we spent the time in her beautiful sewing room cutting out our fabrics for step 1.   To be honest, they cut theirs out.  I haven't gotten my fabric yet so I spent the time cutting my scraps into useable strips and squares for those scrappy quilts I one day plan to make.  I barely made a dent into my pile.  But with the price of quilting fabric and the state of the economy, it only makes sense to use every bit you have.  A great site for patterns for scrappy quilts is Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville.com.

I've managed to finish block #4 of the Baltimore Halloween block of the month.  It's a little different how the first 2 blocks were SO labor intensive and then the next two were much easier.  I already have blocks 5, 6 & 7 traced out and they will again get progressively more complicated.  I'd love to continue working on them, but I need to switch my focus back to the next two ships for Dennis' Ladies of the Sea (LOTS) quilt.  In any case, here's the latest halloween block.



I think the designer, P3 Designs, did a fabulous job designing these blocks to resemble a traditional Baltimore Album quilt with a Halloween twist.

Until next time, take care...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.