Sunday, September 4, 2011

How old do you feel?

Over the years I've learned that almost every one feels like they're 18 - on the inside.  Until something on the outside reminds us that's not the case.  This week, I've had 2 incidents that made me think about my age.


Last week I had an eye appointment with a new optometrist.  After the exam, he told me that my distance vision had improved some.  He then went on to explain that it wasn't uncommon for it to get a little better in people of a certain age and that I could expect my near vision to start going down hill within the next 5 years.  I should mention that this optometrist was probably 10 years younger than me.  I left the office feeling a bit decrepit...

Bananas Foster by The Pioneer Woman
The second incident happened a couple of days ago.  I found a new recipe for Bananas Foster on The Pioneer Woman's website.  The recipe calls for Dark Rum so I headed to my local ABC Store to purchase a bottle.  As I was checking out, the clerk carded me!  I showed him my license and said "I'm sure I look old enough to buy alcohol."  He replied, "Yeah, but you don't look 37 (my real age).  25 maybe, but not 37."  I had a smile on my face the rest of the day.  Of course, now I recall that he was a gentlemen of a certain age and perhaps his near vision isn't what it used to be...

P.S.  I made the Bananas Foster last night and it was delicious!

Until later...

But I am trusting you, O Lord, saying, "You are my God!" 
Psalm 31:14 (NLT)

2 comments:

  1. I wish I felt 18 on the inside, because there are days that I feel 97 on the outside!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to be carded when you are feeling a little decrepit.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.