Saturday, August 6, 2011

Vacation time...

I'm on vacation right now, visiting my family.  I spent a week with them earlier this summer and had such a great time, I wanted to do it again!  I know how blessed I am to be able to spend this time with them.

An added bonus is the sewing time my mom and I are spending together.  We've both been working on the Winter Wonderland quilt throughout the year.  She's almost finished making all of her pieced blocks while I just got started on mine today.  So far I've completed 2 of the larger blocks.

12" Block #1 - Maple Star
12" Block #7 - Martha Washington Star
The quilt calls for 24 pieced blocks interspersed with some solid pieces.  However, my mom and I have both decided to make an additional 10 to fill in some of the blank spaces.  I'm also considering making another 70 - 3" HSTs so the entire border is pieced.  In that case, I've got 2 done out of 104!  I think this might take me a while...

In between working on this quilt, I'm also working on a Christmas Dresden Plate table runner and wall hanging.  I'm using the fabric Nature's Gift by Deb Strain for both of them.  I assembled the first plate today.  It's 15" across...

Christmas Dresden Plate
I'm going to make 3 of the plates this size and applique them to a black background for the table runner.  This is the first time I've made a Dresden Plate and I'm enjoying the process.

However, today we're off to do some school shopping.  It's a tax free weekend here and my niece and nephew need some new school clothes!  I remember how much fun I had picking out clothes and school supplies when I was their age.  I was always anxious for school to start (and end).

Until later...

My experience shows that those who plant trouble and cultivate evil will harvest the same. 
Job 4:8 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.