Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Spring Cleaning???

I know that there's usually a time in the spring when we're compelled to freshen up and declutter our surroundings, but my internal clock must be confused.  I've been feeling like I need to clean everything around me: the floors, walls, windows, every inch of every space.  Of course, I haven't done all of it (yet).  Perhaps if I had more energy and didn't pay for it afterwards, I'd be further along.  But I'm pleased with what I've done.  I've scrubbed our carpets and every inch of our bathroom (except the ceiling - let's be real).  Tonight I moved our living room around so I could scrub our wood floors in there.  The baseboards have never sparkled so.

I still need to do the windows though.  For anyone who's been to my house, you know that's a big task.  Almost the entire back of the house is windows:  2 in the kitchen, 12 in the sunroom, 6 in the living room and 4 in our bedroom.  And it's not cleaning the windows that's the worst part, it's cleaning the window sills.  You know the space between the window and the screen that gets filthy and is difficult to completely scour because of all the tiny corners.  That's the part I like the least.  Of course, the weather is going to have to turn a lot warmer before I tackle that task.  Hmm...  Maybe it will end up being spring by then after all?

Except for the label, I've finished the prayer quilt for Chris, my secret sister.  I had intended to add more yoyo's, but the prevailing opinion has been to stop where I'm at.  I hope when she looks at it, she smiles and knows that she is loved.  (Moses insisted on being in the picture as well.)



I finally manged to get new pictures of some of the other pets.  Sam found my bag to be a good place for a snuggle and a nap.



It's hard to tell, but she's is managing to lose some weight.  I also caught Michael giving me a smile.  Can you see her dimples?  I think she's looking good for 13.



See you later....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.