Sunday, August 2, 2009

What was I thinking?


So what do you think of this fabric? Be honest, it won't hurt my feelings in the least. Actually, I didn't pick it out. It's for another challenge I signed up for on the HGTV Quilting & Needlework Forum. (I really need to show more restraint...) This is an Ugly Fabric Challenge - thus the picture above. The hostess picked out this lovely gem and sent 1/2 yard to each participant. (Yes, we actually paid her money to do this. The fabric wasn't free.) We have until sometime in Nov. to make something with it. It doesn't have to be a quilt and we can add any number of additional fabrics. The only rule is we must use at least 90% of it. We send her pictures of our creations and then we'll vote on different categories - like Most Creative. I have no idea right now what I'm going to make with it. I have so many other projects due before then that I'm just going to have to set it aside until I have some real time to dedicate to it. However, if you have any suggestions, send them my way...

I haven't finished any projects recently. Rather I've been working on a great many projects little by little. I had planned on sending my SS a black/white themed package for August but changed gears at the last minute. She's still in the hospital and likely to remain there for the next couple of months so she's not able to do any stitching. The longest I've ever spent in the hospital myself is a week and I was ready to go bonkers, so I imagine she must be stir crazy. So I decided to send her some things to relieve the tedium. I also wanted to make her a prayer quilt. I've gotten started on it, but I'll have to send it later this month as I won't have it completed by the mailing deadline of the 5th. Her favorite color is blue, so I'm trying to incorporate it into it. I found a Sweet Treat that I had in my stash that I think will work pretty well. (For those of you not familiar with Sweet Treats, they're 8 coordinating FQs packaged together and sold by the Pincushion Boutique.)


As I was pressing and cutting them, Moses was keeping me company. I have to be very careful when I use my rotary cutter around her because she's forever sweeping her tail in the way right at the last moment. I think she likes these fabrics too. (I'll take any opportunity to throw in pictures of my furbabies...)


Before I forget, I recently took all my quilt tops out of the cupboard and hung them with their batting and backing. I'm hoping that seeing them out in the open like that will induce me to get busy quilting them. I really hope to start doing that soon. My problem is I'm still intimidated by my machine and frame and therefore keep putting it off. I really just need to get over myself! Here's a picture of them hanging nicely on my garment rack. There are currently 14 there.


Well, that's enough for one night. Have a wonderful evening yourself. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.