Thursday, July 2, 2009

Back in the groove of things

Well, I have lots more pictures to show of some new fabric I got in yesterday. First of all, I received a package from HOP (Hancocks of Paducah) that contains some more of the Williamsburg Heritage collection from Windham. And it was all on clearance! How great is that? This pretty much rounds out my collection. I realize there are a few more prints that I don't have, but that's ok. I have plenty to make a beautiful quilt. I have yet to pick out the pattern to use this on. I want it to be something that will showcase the beautiful colors.


I also ordered 1.5 yards of a Marcus Bros. Strip It fabric. It contains 18 different 2.5" strips of black and white fabrics. I still need to cut it apart and place it in my 'noodle' drawer. Can't you just imagine it in a B&W quilt with a pop of color (maybe red). That's definitely on my todo list for the future. I tried to fold the fabric so you can get a peak of all the different strips that run the length of the fabric.


Now on to my purchases from Whittle's fabrics. Someone from the HGTV Quilting & Needlework Forum introduced me to this online store and I'm SO glad they did. You can't believe their prices. Most fabrics are $3.50 to $4 per yard and they're the same fabrics you would get in quilt shops. They can sell out quickly though so shop early for best selection. They just added the Mocha Meringue collection from Marcus Brothers. The fabrics are a blend of greys, browns and blacks. They're just beautiful and the feel of the fabric is like silk.



This collection also includes several batiks in these colors. Aren't they wonderful?


Ok, enough about my growing fabric collection... I've managed to complete a few things this morning. I finished the November and December blocks for the BOM from Sew Unique. All 12 of the blocks have a different bird in them and when placed together look like a winter tree full of birds. It's a different looking BOM and I really like it.




I've designed my own borders for this quilt that necessitate my making at least 150 flying geese units in 2 sizes. I use the one-seam flying geese method to make them and it goes pretty fast. However, I have some other projects I need to work on before starting those.

Like new sofa pillows. My husband and I found a curtain panel that we really liked and I'm making some pillows for the living room furniture out of them. Here's the first one I finished.


There's quite a bit of glare to the picture, but you can get the general idea. I going to make a few more in this fabric and a couple in another silk fabric I have. I thought about adding trim to these, but I think that would frou frou up the living room too much. In any case, my husband has just walked in to take me to the bookstore and for a bite to eat, so until later...

1 comment:

  1. Would you share the address for the website that has the Marcus Brothers Mocha Meringue fabrics? I would like to find more of the fabric. I originally bought only the floral prints.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.