Sunday, July 24, 2011

Stash Report Week #29...

July 16 - 27, 2011

For the first time in a while, I'm glad to report that I used more than I bought this week!

On the finishing front, I completed the binding on Grace.  I used 5 yards for the backing and binding on this one.  I also finished another 2 quilt tops to donate which was another 5 yards of fabric.

Finishes this week
A local quilt store was having a Christmas in July sale so I picked up the border, backing and binding for a table topper I'm making using a Ready, Set, Snow Charm Pack.  The small quilt is all cut out, but I haven't started sewing it together yet.  There's 2.25 yards here.

Ready, Set, Snow Backing, Binding and Border Fabric
I also realized that I needed a few more fabrics to make the pieced blocks for my Winter Wonderland quilt.  I'm making great progress on the Fly Stitch and am almost ready to start on the blocks.  I bought a yard of fabric to coordinate with what I already have for this.

Fabrics for Winter Wonderland Blocks
So...
Purchased-this-week: 3.25 yards
Used-this-week: 10 yards
Purchased-to-date: 251.25 yards
Used-to-date: 114.25 yards
Net used: -137 yards

Moses has spent this week napping on yet another quilt.  She really must think I lay them out just for her and gets mouthy when I try to move them.

Moses on a quilt

Until later...

If you want to know what God really wants you to do, ask him . . . but if you don’t ask in faith, don’t expect the Lord to give you any solid answer.”  
James 1:5-6 (LB)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! That top you made is so bright and cheerful. It must be great too to use more then purchased! I have been on a fabric shopping frenzy and am scared to even think of the fabric used vrs the fabric bought numbers!!
    cheers,
    carolyn

    ReplyDelete

I hope you're having a blessed day! Thanks for stopping by.